Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Mom Clothes Dilemma

Let me preface by saying that I have never been a fashionista! Even as a size 1 I mostly wore what I thought was comfortable over what was in style. I assume I wasn't too bad of a dresser seeing as I maxed out several credit cards at the most "popular" stores of the time. I've always had an issue wearing dresses and certain tops because of having a large chest. If you have a larger chest than you know exactly what I mean, certain shirts just do not fit you properly.

Now on to my mom dilemma. I have become the sloppiest dresser in the world since becoming a mom. I wear capri yoga pants everyday at home with a tank top or tshirt. I do not fix my hair (it's usually in a pony) and I do not wear make up. This isn't too big of a deal since I am a stay at home mom for the time being and I spend my days playing with Baylee and cleaning the house. But when I need to go to the store or out to eat I just don't feel like dressing up. I have stopped wearing make up and my hair is a mess, I wear my yoga pants or jeans (rarely) with a tank top underneath a shirt. That is my uniform. It's so lame!!

I think that this is bringing my spirit and self esteem down. I feel like such a slob that it gives me a low sense of self. I see other moms who are all dressed up and have make up with jewelry, and their hair fixed (down) and I just think how in the hell do they manage to look so cute while dealing with a a baby?! It seems like so much effort. My only concern these days is that Baylee looks super cute.

I also have a hard time finding "mom" clothes that are cute. I need shirts or dresses that are not low cut! I don't need my boobs hanging out, ever! Plus Baylee is at that stage where she is pulling on my shirt so it always seems to go down. I am what would be considered a plus size girl and the clothes for us are either skanktastic or Amish. I just need something that is cute but yet I can go out and not worry that I'm going to flash a boob. Am I the only one with this problem? I guess I need to lose weight and get a boob job before I will ever be "happy" in my clothes. I wonder if I am just depressed with the way things are and the divorce and I don't feel the need to put in any extra effort or what.

Also, can I please get a bra that supports and separates at the same time that doesnt dig into my ribs?! I need something that lifts me up without breaking straps. UGH! I hate bras.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!