Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas 2011

Warning: Picture overload!!

Baylee's Christmas picture 2011. I just think it's precious.

 The ring my parents bought me for Christmas. It has Baylee's birthstone in the middle
 The necklace with her birthstone!!
 Here's me and Bay's on Christmas! I look weird because I have a headache and my face flushes when I get a headache. Baylee's eyes were closed because of the flash on my phone. OOPS!

Baylee at Christmas dinner
 Here is Baylee checking out the gifts we put under the tree on Christmas Eve!! She was excited about the paper in the gift bags.
 Baylee being silly with grandpa
 Baylee's gifts!!! I didn't go all out because I know she won't remember and I'm so anti hoarder its unreal. It literally made me nervous thinking of where to hide her toys when she isn't using them.
 This is Baylee's favorite toy! I have to say its pretty cool. Grandpa and I have both been playing with it.
 


Baylee's 1st Christmas was awesome. It was not how I had dreamed it would be but it was wonderful just the same. I had always thought that Cole and I would put her toys together as a couple and place them on Christmas Eve. Wake up as a family and open her gifts. Spend the day together as a family visiting both of our families. However, I put together all of Baylee's toys alone with the exception of one that my dad had to put together. I placed them myself and sat with Baylee alone and helped her open gifts. In the moment I did not think of anything else but the happiness on Baylee's face. It was a great morning and although not how I imagined, in a way it was better. As the day went on I did start to feel sad thinking that in two years I won't get to experience the reaction Baylee has when seeing her Santa gifts. I won't get to put out her Santa gifts or make cookies for Santa. But I have two years to try and deal with that.

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! I'm so happy I found your blog! I, too...am a single mama...not by choice. This was my daughter's and my fifth Christmas alone. Yes, I shop, wrap, and put out the gifts alone. Yes, I watch her open them alone. The first few years I was very sad. I guess I've grown used to it. Her dad didn't so much as call her yesterday and that was very upsetting. She is seven and kept asking where he was. Those times are difficult. But it does get easier. We humans can get used to anything, believe it or not. I was wondering and it made me sad to read that in two years you won't get to do this. I was wondering why? If you care to share or talk about it...I'm here for moral support. You can read my blog, too. I have posted the positive, beautiful, memories I want to make and hold onto with my daughter. Big hugs and God bless. - Cyndy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you found me!! You will probably read a lot of me complaining, lol. In two years we begin our regular custody schedule. Right now we are under modified schedule because he has to have supervised visitation. Once my daughter is 3 years old we will alternate holidays.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!