Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Traditions?

I've been reading From Mrs. to Mama and she had a post about Christmas Traditions. I've been following it and tonight I realized I will never get to have a solid Christmas tradition with Baylee. I now have Baylee every other Christmas and Thanksgiving. How do you have traditions when it isn't every year?! I feel like everyday something new comes up and it just makes me sad all over again. Right when I start to feel like I can do this, something brings me down. But I will not allow this to KEEP me down! So I've been brainstorming some ideas for traditions that may not be typical but will hopefully fit our family.

1. Every year make a homemade handprint ornament. I would love to have Baylee's handprint every year on the tree until she is 18. I just think it would be super cute

2. Give Baylee an ornament every year. This way when she is out on her own she has ornaments for her tree. However, if she is anything like me she will be a lover of all things theme and will have different ornaments every year. It's the thought that counts I suppose.

3. Putting up a tree in Baylee's room. I actually did this already!

4. Picture with Santa!!

5. Watch White Christmas. It just doesn't feel like Christmas to me unless I watch that movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!