January
Packed up mine and Baylee's stuff, along with Howi and drove 1400 miles back to Texas with my dad. On the way we stopped in Tombstone which was AWESOME! Dad and I loved it because we are really into history. The end of January brought the best thing EVER, Baylee! On January 27 at 2:46pm my miracle came into this world.
February
Crash course in mommyhood! Taking care of Baylee alone was difficult. All of those sleepless days and nights, all the feedings and diaper changes. Oh man! Experiencing what happens when a newborn poops so much it comes out of her diaper while you are in the car! Yikes.
March
Starting to get into a routine and finally becoming comfortable with being a mommy. My grandparents and Baylee's great grandparents come to visit! It's really fun to have 4 generations in the house.
April
Bought Baylee a swing to sleep in! Best investment EVER! She finally started sleeping through the night, it was amazing. I turned 28, yikes. Baylee's first Easter and her first visit with the Easter Bunny. Baylee sits up for the first time by herself! Exciting times.
May
First Mother's Day, it was awful! I can't even think about it. Cole moves home. Problems in the marriage return and everyday feels worse than the day before. Our three year anniversary came and went without Cole saying a word. He spent it with his dad getting stoned and playing video games.
June
Started my cake decorating class which I loved! Cole moved out. Father's Day was spent celebrating my dad only because we didn't hear from Cole. Switched Baylee's room from Bumble bees to monkeys!! It just fits her personality so much better. I will always love her bee room though. Maybe when she is older she will want them back.
July
Cole decides he wants to come back home and try to be a better person. Baylee's first 4th of July!! She hated the pool which shocked me because she loves the bathtub. Baylee sits in a high chair for the first time and loves it!! We celebrate Grandpa's birthday. It hotter than hell outside and there is no rain in sight!!
August
Baylee, Cole and I take our last family photos. On August 17 my family dog, Shyla passes away from cancer after fighting the battle for a year. On August 18 Cole leaves us. I feel sad but then I pick myself up and dust myself off. I try to see the positive in the situation like I now have the bed all to myself!
September
Baylee attends her very first birthday party and has a blast. Baylee graduates to a big girl carseat which I love because it's so much easier to get her in and out of the car. It's a little weird taking her in places and not having to carry her in the carrier. New season of Tv shows start which for me kicks ass because I love tv. Baylee starts crawling and she gets 2 teeth!
October
HOCKEY season starts!!! I decide to file for divorce so I begin looking for a lawyer. Baylee starts picking her self up and climbing on things. She can walk if you hold her hands but is still too scared to actually go it alone. We start to celebrate Fall by going to a pumpkin patch and spending a lot more time outside even though it's still in the 80s. Baylee celebrates her first Halloween by dressing as a monkey and goes to the zoo for the first time!!
November
Cole and I are fighting like crazy since I officially filed for divorce. The things being said by him are outrageous and hurtful. Yet he's only seen Baylee twice since he left in August. My brother William is accepted to Texas A&M. We celebrate Baylee's Baptism which is amazing and everyone we love is present. Baylee's first Thanksgiving!! She is now walking in her pack n play, taking 3 steps at a time.
December
We have a walker!! Baylee loves walking all around her room. Her favorite thing to do is take all of her books of her shelf and put them on the floor. This drives me insane! I'm the kind of person who has the books on the shelf in order of height. Baylee meets Santa for the first time and loves him! Cole and I sign our custody agreement papers which has left me feeling terrible. I still have not received any child support (EVER)! Santa visits Bays and leaves her a lot of goodies!!
To sum it up, 2011 was the best and the worst year of my life. Luckily, the good (Baylee) is so amazing that it outweighs anything bad that could ever happen. My family and I all have our health and that is a blessing. I'm very ready to welcome a new year but I hope to bring some of the good fortune from this year into it.












I adore looking at your pictures of Baylee, she really is the cutest thing ever. I am so glad for you that you have been blessed with her.
ReplyDelete