Sunday, January 8, 2012

A year ago...

A year ago today I was in my dad's truck traveling 1400 miles with my dad and my sweet baby Howi. I was on my way HOME! I remember this day very clearly because I remember hearing on the radio that Rep. Gabrielle Giffords had been shot in the head. I remember feeling such sadness about the lives that were taken that day. My heart broke for the young girl's parents at that moment and for the families of the other victims. It was so surreal to be in Arizona when it happened.

Something else that holds a memory for me about this day is that my dad and I visited Tombstone! It has been a dream of my dad's to visit there for a very long time. My dad and I are huge history fans so we really enjoyed our visit. I assume it would be like two sci fi geeks going to Roswell New Mexico. I was so huge and pregnant walking around Tombstone taking it all in trying to enjoy everything. It's not easy to do so much walking when you are carrying around so much weight, trust me.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!