Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Baylee's Birth

A lot of people keep asking me about Baylee's birth so I thought I'd tell the story on here and let everyone read it.

Monday morning (Jan 24) I went with my mom and dad for my weekly checkup. The dr told me she would be doing an ultrasound to measure Baylee and see how much she weighed. She also wanted to check the fluid around her and make sure she was still breech. We did the ultrasound first. Her little heart is always so amazing to see. When the lady was measuring the fluid I felt something was up. I'm not sure why because I had no idea what I was looking at. She told me I would need to speak to the dr about my results which I knew was probably not a good sign. As soon as they took me back for my checkup the doctor looked at me and said "How fast can your husband get here?". At that moment i started to panic. I asked if I could bring my parents back into the room with me. I felt I might need some support depending on what she was going to say. She came in and said she was admitting me to the hospital to receive fluids because my amniotic fluid was at 4.9 and it is supposed to be over 10. She said anything 5 and under requires a c-section immediately. They wanted to pump me full of fluids to see if they could get the number back up. So, after checking in to the hospital Cole was able to get emergency leave from work and he flew out. Luckily he arrived around 1am on Tuesday. I was worried about the fluid but I was really worried about Cole making it on time. The next morning they checked my fluids and after having 6 bags of IV my level only went up to 5.8. They said it was high enough to send me home. They wanted to keep Baylee in there as long as possible since I was only 37 weeks. I won't lie. I was frustrated but at that point with all of the drama of getting Cole here on time and being stressed about the fluids, I was ready to go home. Not to mention I still had to set up the nursery!!


Wednesday (Jan 26) I spent the day running some errands with Cole. And in the evening we put the nursery together as much as possible. We still didn't have the crib put together but everything else was pretty much put together. That night around 11pm my mom checked my blood pressure because my doctor has me monitoring it everyday. My blood pressure was very high. So we waited about 20 minutes and I laid down to try to relax. After taking it again, it was even higher. So at that point my mom said I needed to call my Dr. The dr told me to go to the hospital right away so I could be monitored. I REALLY did not want to go. I thought they would check me and send me right back home and I was tired of being at the hospital. But mom MADE me go, even though I cried the entire way!! When we got the the hospital my bp wasn't as high but they made me stay overnight for monitoring anyway. I was having contractions but not dialated so I really wasn't worried. The dr decided she wanted to check my fluid levels again in the morning since I was already at the hospital. So around 8am they wheeled me down and checked my levels. I was honestly thinking it was such a waste of time. i was ready to go home!! However, the dr looked concerned and said my fluid level was now 1.5. She said with my low fluid, high bp, and excessive swelling she thought we needed to deliver that day! I was SHOCKED! At first I was shocked, then I was excited and then the panic set in! Would everyone be there on time? I'm not ready yet!! The nursery isn't ready yet!! Is Baylee ready to be born?!

The dr came in and said they would do the c-section at 1pm. At 1pm they came in and said that someone had to have an emergency c-section so they would take me back as soon as she was done. At around 2pm they came back in and did another ultrasound to check Baylee's position and they checked her stats. Then I made the walk to the delivery room. Cole waited outside and I went in. They checked my bp and it has spiked again so they made me sit on the table and relax before they would do the epidural. RELAX?!! Really?? When Cole stood up to see her being pulled out I held my breath!! I just wanted to hear that everything was ok. She cried immediately and didn't stop for what seemed like forever!! I had to ask the nurse if that was normal! She said it was very good.

I was in my room for recovery for about an hour before they brought her back. At first I didn't even realize she was my baby. Logically I knew she was but it just seemed too good to be true. In fact, the whole first day I felt like, is this really MY baby?! It was shocking. I got to feed her first and hold her first which was awesome! Then she was passed around to everyone.

Over the next 3 days Miss Baylee had a lot of visitors and received precious gifts. It was so nice to have the people I love the most share this time with me.














3 comments:

  1. Thank goodness for your mom pushing you to go to the hospital! Its sounded like a smooth experience though. She really is precious and the bee background is cute! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations again, Mama!!! I'm so happy for you and Cole and welcome to the world, Miss Baylee! :) She is absolutely beautiful and of course I'm sitting here a little teary eyed hearing about her birth story. They always get to me and I'm not even a mom yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is just perfect!! I'm so honored to be her Godmother!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!