Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Father's Day

I've been wanting to post FOREVER but have just been so busy and my mind has been out of it. But I felt that today I must post because it is such an important day to me. I know a lot of other mommy bloggers are  blogging about their husbands and what good fathers they are, which is awesome. But today is the day I'd like to talk about MY dad!

My dad is not what most people think. My dad came into my life a little later than most dads. My mom was married to my biological father, Ed and was pregnant when she met my dad. He started working at an apartment complex that she managed. She actually hired him. A 22 year old kid from Ohio who didn't know a single person in Texas. At the time my mom was not happily married and was in fact very sad and at an all time low. She became friends with my dad at work but they didn't click romantically because she was married and he was young (6 year difference). After I was born, about 6 weeks, my mom left Ed. She could not take the mental and emotion abuse any longer. That is when, my dad came to her and told her that he would help her in anyway. He had become good friends with my mom and her other friends at this time. My dad would babysit me while my mom went to night school, he helped my mom with chores around the house, and he was most importantly a shoulder to cry on and a wonderful friend. After a few months my parents started dating. They started living together when I was about 2 years old. At this point I did not see Ed often, he didn't have much to do with me at all. When I was a month shy of 4 my parents married. I was at the wedding and even put my own "signature" on their marriage liscense. (oops). My dad has always been there for me and taken care of me. He has been so amazing. I was disciplined when I needed to be and held when I needed to be. I never felt scared but was always respectful. My dad taught me about how a husband should be. My family isn't perfect and we have had ups and downs but no matter what I have never questioned my dad's love for me. There is nothing in this world that I could ever do to show him how much I appreciate everything he does for me and my family. Here are some of my favorite photos.





1 comment:

  1. What a great story. You sound very lucky to have him in your life!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!