Sunday, November 13, 2011

Taking The High Road

I chose to take the high road. This isn't easy, believe me but it's what is best for my daughter. When I was growing up, my mom never said a bad thing about anyone in my family to me. I never had a negative thought about anyone until I discovered it for myself. That is what I want to give Baylee. I don't ever want to say anything bad about her father or his family to her. Will I vent to my friends when she isn't around? Absofreakinlutely!! But there are things that Baylee never needs to know about and she does not need to hear her mother say negative things about her father. I know this won't be the same for her father. He's already told me that he says bad things about me and he plans to tell our daughter these things. I can't imagine what he says behind my back that is worse than what he says to my face but I'll let him dig that grave. I know Baylee will remember that he said bad things and I know it will affect her. It makes me sad and I wish he wouldn't do that but I know there isn't anything I can do about his actions. I can only control my actions. I just pray to God that no one ever says the things to her that he says to me. I would be so devastated to know that someone was speaking to my daughter that way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!