Monday, October 31, 2011

Being 2nd Guessed.

I need to vent! I am so sick of my decisions being questioned by other people when it comes to my daughter. Everytime I say or do something someone has an opinion about it. Why? I swear I can't seem to please some people. And I know I shouldn't try, and I'm not but damn if it isn't annoying to constantly hear other people's opinions and advice when you don't ask for it. It's like why isn't she wearing socks? or if she is wearing socks, "Oh she shouldn't be wearing socks it's too warm." Or you shouldn't take her out she could get germs. I could go on but I won't. The point is, when I want your help or advice on raising my daughter I will ask you for it. Until then please keep all comments to yourself. It's very frustrating for me because I feel like I'm not a good mom and  that nothing I do is right. I'm under enough stress I don't need to feel like a bad mom too. Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. I feel this exact same way! I hate it and it is so hard to sit back and not act upset. There are certain people I avoid as much as possible because they always have a million things to say about how I am doing everything wrong.

    Love the blog, I am now a follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand where you're coming from. We just have to sit back and think that we know what is right for our kiddos & they can say whatever they want. (We don't have to listen!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was literally asking my friend the other day if I was the only mum who gets called out by other people on the way I raise my daughter. People (random people!) in the street, on the bus, on the train have told me how to raise my child. Trust me, I am an awesome mum, and that someone can make us doubt our parenting skills is so unacceptable. They have no clue the way we parent, they see a split second and make judgements. It's so wrong. And unfair. And they have no right!
    http://beingmama.com/
    http://ohsoprettylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!