Thursday, September 15, 2011

Whoop!

Today was a big day for me. They were having a trade in event at Babies R Us where you take in an item and you get 25% off a new item. And since Baylee is growing out of her car seat I thought this was the perfect time to trade up. I am the least sentimental person when it comes to material things. I hate clutter and I rarely even keep clothing after a year. I don't know why, I think I have the opposite disorder of a hoarder. But when I set the carseat on the counter I all of a sudden felt a rush of sadness. All I could think about was the fact that I brought my miracle home from the hospital in that car seat. A huge part of me did not want to leave it there. But then I thought I need to be realistic, I'll never have another baby and it will just sit around the house and collect dust. and I could really use the discount on the new seat. But I'm still feeling a little sad.


Here is Baylee the first time she was in her seat. So precious.



Here is the last picture I took of Baylee in her seat. She is about 7 months in this picture. Barely fitting in it at this point. Aren't her stockings precious?? My dad sings the lollipop song from The Wizard of Oz when I dress her in these. bLaH



This is a picture of the seat when i took it to exchange it. Yes I took a picture. I was sad.



Here is a picture of Baylee at lunch today with me and her Aunt Aims!! She had a good time.



3 comments:

  1. Is it a Baby Trend car seat? I have one for Aurelia and I love it. I haven't changed her to a convertible one yet, just waiting on a bit of money but I don't know what I'll do with ours once she gets a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet little girl you have!! And that's a great deal from Babies R Us, I would have taken advantage of it too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!