Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Alive...

I'm alive! Most of my readers are probably long gone so not many people will care, but here I am! I am not promising to blog more often but I will try. Things have been so up and down this past year, it's ridiculous. I can not even remember the last time I blogged or what it was even about and I'm too lazy to take a look back. So here is what is going on now...


Cole started his last semester of school today! He will graduate in May and I am very excited and very proud! Cole will be the first person in his family to have a degree. It's an Associates Degree which to some people may not mean a lot but for me it means that he stuck with something, worked hard and he made STRAIGHT A's!! He also achieved it without acquiring any student debt.

We are still living at my parents! yikes. I really didnt think that we would still be here after all of this time but there are a few reasons.
1. I wasn't confident in the idea of moving out right after Cole and I reconciled because I wanted to make sure that things would be ok before I removed Baylee from the only home she's ever known.
2. We were pre approved for a home loan so we spent a few months looking all over trying to decide where we want to live. It was a LONG process and in the end we still aren't 100% sure on where we want to live forever.
3.Last week we found out that we will not be approved for the loan after all because Cole is not on a W2 pay scale. He is on a 1099 scale which means he has to show two years of income taxes before he can be approved. This was both bad and good for us. It was bad because it was a low blow emotionally. We were really ready to start our lives in our own home. We can afford it but they wont secure the loan yet. So that's tough. However, I try to see the positive these days so I can tell you its good in that we have more time to save up money! It's another year that I can be with Baylee at home and not worry about working. We will have every bill paid off before we are ready to purchase which will increase our loan amount.

In November I had yet another surgery. My infertility doctor suggested that I have one right away because of the ruptured cyst I had. During the surgery she discovered that things are far worse than she expected. She was unable to remove most of the Endometriosis because of where it was located. Both of my ovaries are still stuck to my uterus and my bowel is also stuck to the uterus which is what is causing most of my pain. She could only get one cyst out so there is another one still in there. It was not the news I wanted to hear. I am not looking forward to having another surgery. My gallbladder is also inflammed so that is something that I will need to take care of as well. The doctor said that if we ever want to have another baby now is the time. But we just aren't in a position right now to do that.

There is probably a lot more to say but I dont want to bore you. So I'll just add some pictures of recent events!!







1 comment:

  1. Erin, I'm still reading! I have to say this is so fantastic. I had my gallbladder removed in Dec 2011 and it was such a good decision, especially if you plan on having another baby it will be even better! They told me to remove mine before I ever planned on having children. I'm glad you're able to stay at home with Baylee and continue to save for a house for your family. Most of all, CONGRATS to COLE!!! That is such a fantastic achievement :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!