Saturday, June 18, 2011

Dreams


I wonder what makes us forget our dreams? At what point do we think our dreams aren't important!? For me, it was the day I got married. Not that getting married ruined my life, not the point. The day I got married my life became about my husband and not about me. I went to school for years (no really, YEARS) trying to find out what it was I wanted with my life and I finally figured out that I wanted to be a teacher. I made connections, I networked, I worked my ass off for good grades, I was in the exact spot I needed to be to get a job. And then I was offered a job after graduation only to turn it down because I was living in California with my husband. Then the next year I was offered another job, and instead of moving home the last year my husband was enlisted like I wanted to, I stayed, for him. Now I sit and wonder again what will I do with my life?! I lived the last 3 years for my husband, now I live my life for my daughter. Will I ever live my life for me? I don't mind making sacrifices for Baylee but how good of a mother can I be when I don't try to make myself happy. I don't want to look back in 20 years and wonder where my life went. But how do you take the first step back to following your dreams? How do you fulfil your dreams without being selfish??

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by!